My Fall Bucket List
Although the winter holidays might have a reputation as the most wonderful time of the year, I beg to differ. Autumn is the season that really has my heart: scary movies, cozy sweaters and orange leaves are just some of the best parts. I know that I'm a little behind schedule seeing as it's halfway through October, but since it's been unseasonably warm this year I wanted to throw together a list of things to do to make the most of the time when the air finally turns crisp again.
- Drink a hot cocoa with extra whipped cream (or a PSL, but I'm personally not a fan of faux-orange drinks).
- Eat a fresh-picked apple followed by an apple cider doughnut.
- Snuggle by a fire with a good book.
- Watch every night of ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween (Freeform, whatever you want to call it. It starts tonight!)
- Carve a pumpkin and toast the seeds to eat (the best part, in my opinion).
- Eat a grilled cheese with tomato soup (soup is life).
- Cook with a new kind of squash! I tried acorn squash for the first time last week. If you're a squash newbie, I recommend this recipe.
- Get some exercise. During the colder months it can be easier to stay sedentary. Make sure you get moving to keep your mood up during darker days.
- Buy a new cozy sweater (or scarf! or hat!)
- Call an old friend. Fall used to mean back-to-school, which meant reconnecting with friends we hadn't seen all summer. Grab 30 minutes this season to call and old friend and see how they're doing. It may just brighten their entire week.